Effective Ways of Removing Calculus from the Teeth
Dental hygiene has become an important aspect of dentistry. It is important to take proper care of your teeth and save them from injuries. Proper dental hygiene ensures germ and disease-free mouth. It helps in maintaining the natural state of the teeth and protects them from decay. Regularly visiting your dentist for a routine checkup is one way of ensuring better teeth conditions. Green Tree Dental provides an all-round dental care facility for your family and friends.
What is Calculus?
Over time, the teeth are exposed to a number of substances. This builds a layer of a sticky substance above the surface of your teeth, called plaque. Lack of regular brushing of teeth can harden
the deposit. This harden layer of plaque is termed in the dentistry as teeth calculus or tartar. If not treated properly the calculus can cause serious dental conditions. Once calculus is allowed to deposit on the teeth surface, it affects the gum also. It can also cause gum infections and cavities.
Effective methods of removing calculus
There are a number of methods for removing the buildup calculus and preventing it from growing further. Some of the effective ways for dental calculus removal are:
- Brushing your teeth– Brushing your teeth regularly is very effective in maintaining dental hygiene. A soft bristle toothbrush should be used for cleaning the remote parts of your teeth. It’s advised to brush your teeth twice in a day-once in the morning and once before bed. Brushing your teeth prevents the plaque from getting hard and turning into calculus. The habit of brushing your teeth should not be sporadic in nature. Brushing your teeth occasionally will not be effective.
Using an electric toothbrush can be more effective in cleaning your teeth.
- Use Calculus removal toothpaste– For effectively eliminating the teeth calculus, a calculus-control toothpaste should be used. These toothpaste have an active element of pyrophosphates and fluoride. Fluoride in your toothpaste helps in killing the bacteria and germs present in your mouth. It is also responsible for killing the plaque causing bacteria. Lack of germs and bacteria saves your teeth from cavities and decay.
- More importantly, Floss– Flossing regularly helps in removing any lodged food particles from your teeth. There are certain remote parts of teeth which cannot be reached by a brush. These parts should be cleaned to ensure better mouth conditions. Flossing helps you to clean these otherwise not accessible parts. It helps in removing the plaque from the surface of the teeth. Lodged food and plaque can result in bad mouth breath. Therefore, it is advised to floss on a regular basis to keep your teeth clean and germ-free.
- Clean using Baking soda– A mixture of baking soda and salt is an effective home remedy for dental calculus removal. Brushing your teeth with baking soda and salt softens the calculus, making it easy to remove. The mixture should smoothly be scrubbed on the teeth by using a toothbrush. Once done, wash your teeth with lukewarm water and gargle properly. The mixture has antibacterial qualities and is highly effecting in killing mouth germs. Use the mixture thrice in a week for effective and instant results.
- Visit a dentist– Dental calculus takes a lot of time before being ultimately removed from your teeth. For quick removal of the same one should consider visiting a dentist. A dentist uses technologically advanced dental calculus removal processes which are both quick and effective. The process of calculus removal is known as debridement. In this process, an expert dentist uses an ultrasonic device or a hand-held scaling tool. The ultrasonic instrument uses high-frequency vibrations along with water to remove the calculus.
Visiting the dentistry near you is the best option. Once, cleaned the dentist will call you again in the future for a follow-up. Follow up is must to prevent any extra calculus from building over your tooth.
Healthy teeth are a must for a healthy and bright smile. Stained or discolored teeth can tarnish your everlasting smile. The calculus should be removed in order to ensure germ free teeth. Green Tree Dental provides a number of dental care facilities that can help you maintain your teeth.